Experience the difference!
Join State Representative Carolyn Dykema & Y CEO Rick MacPherson and experience the difference a Y summer camp makes!
Advocacy Day @ MWY summer camp.
Local legislatures, town managers & superintendents learned about the impact summer camps have on our youth!
On Thursday, July 21st, Representative Carolyn Dykema and MetroWest YMCA President & CEO Rick MacPherson hosted “Be a Camper” for a morning advocacy event from 9AM-12PM at the MetroWest YMCA Day Camp at the Y’s Family Outdoor Center at 45 East Street, Hopkinton.
Local legislators, educators, town administrators and Y Board volunteers experienced the difference and saw first-hand the effective ways the Y is working to address pressing challenges such as summer learning loss prevention, childhood obesity, the achievement gap, engaging youth-at-risk, and leading and guiding today’s teens to become tomorrow’s leaders through summer camp.
Camp at the Y is more than just beaded bracelets and campfire songs. YMCA’s across the Commonwealth are working hard to enrich the lives of all children in our communities:
- Y camps have educational curriculums which have helped prevent the summer learning loss and have a positive impact on reducing the achievement gap in the towns we serve in Massachusetts.
- Y’s are combating the childhood obesity epidemic and working hard to prevent chronic disease by engaging youth in healthy eating and physical activity, aka HEPA.
- Y’s are dedicated to families by providing financial assistance to those who wouldn't be able to experience summer camp.
- Y’s are keeping our kids safe by supporting youth at risk and the prevention of child abuse.
- Y’s are committed to teen leadership and training programs which help teens to develop life skills, build self-confidence, make positive connections and become positive role models
- Y’s have long term strategic goals to nurture the potential of all children in our community and need your help as an advocate in building stronger community foundations for generations to come.
Get Involved: Connect with Miriam Kimball, Director of Philanthropy.