Code of Conduct
The MetroWest YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the YMCA to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person, or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct.
Prohibited actions specifically include:
- Inappropriate attire. Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
- Loitering is not permitted in or outside the YMCA.
- Smoking is not permitted in or outside the YMCA. The YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
- Cell phone use, including texting, is prohibited except for in designated areas.
- The use of audio, camera, and video recording devices is prohibited in all MetroWest YMCA facilities. Those wishing to use audio, camera or video recording devices must receive written consent in advance from a designated YMCA Director.
- Allowing or assisting unauthorized persons access to the facility is prohibited.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain in a courteous and respectful manner. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable in speaking with the person directly, they should report the behavior to a staff person or the Building Supervisor on duty.
Enter keyword(s) below to search our site.